Resources to Help Tornado Survivors with Pets and Animals | News
From lost and found animals and livestock issues to food and medical needs, help is available for pet owners affected by tornadoes and storms on Friday.
Below is information shared with Local 6 by Furkidz Pet Hotel in Paducah for tornado survivors in Western Kentucky who need help with their pets and other animals, and resources. for those who have found lost animals.
Information on lost and found animals
- Petsmart in Paducah is accepting donations of cat and dog food, cat and dog beds, and litter for animal shelters in affected areas of Marshall County and Mayfield. Donations must be sealed, unexpired and unused.
- Molly’s Mutts in Dixon, Ky., Accepts donations from pet crates and taxis, and offers assistance with pet crates and food.
- Address: 248 KY 983, Dixon, KY 42409
- Contact: 270-318-4477 or send a message to their Facebook page.
- Furkidz Pet Hotel – Accepts donations of unopened and unexpired pet food, blankets, pet beds, potty cushions, cat litter and dog sweaters of all sizes to distribute to local businesses and veterinary offices assisting in the relief effort.
- Address: 4239 Hansen Road in Paducah.
Temporary emergency pensions (dogs or cats)
- Ceglinski veterinary clinic
- Address: 5401 Blandville Road, Paducah, KY
- Contact: 270-554-0171
- River Retriever Kennels LLC
- Address: 5796 Old Mayfield Rd Paducah Ky
- Contact: 270-556-4433 or 270-994-7647
- Bark N Bubbles Paducah
- Address: 3588 Lone Oak Rd, Paducah, KY
- Contact: 270-564-2914 or send a message to their Facebook page
- Rivers Edge Veterinary Hospital
- Address: 720 Kennedy Drive, Metropolis, IL 62960
- Contact: 618-841-3543
- April grooming and boarding
- Address: 664 Broadway St., Barlow, KY
- Contact: 270-217-1342
- Tender care veterinary clinic
- Address: 740 Princeton Rd, Madisonville, KY, 42431
Cattle and horses
- A Place to Be Animal Sanctuary – Has pens for small livestock, such as pigs, goats, sheep, etc. and can help with transportation.
- Freedom Farms – all types of livestock,
- Address: 1736 US HW 62 East, Eddyville, KY
- Contact: 270-625-8638
- Stands and arena available, Marley 270-625-8638
- LeighAnn Choat – has 8 acres of land outside of Grand Rivers, KY, four stalls and a covered enclosure for small animals
- Lawrissa Elkins – Can accommodate a few horses or a small herd of cattle, can assist with transportation to her own property or elsewhere, and has minor injury supplies.
- Mike and Tanya Eubanks, who are from Madisonville and are on Facebook), provide pasture for any displaced livestock. They can provide hay, grass pasture and fresh water with multiple waterers.
- Emergency grants for hay and other horse supplies can be requested from Fleetofangels.org.
- CCW Reptiles offers a boarding house for exotic animals, with limited space available.
- Tyler Bellamy in Paducah, Ky., Can help with tarantulas and invertebrates. Bring your own enclosure. Contact via Facebook Messenger.
- Claudia R. Harris has experience with snakes and lizards. Contact via Facebook Messenger. Bring your own enclosure.