New resonances, easier artifact farming
Ahead of the Genshin Impact 3.0 update, a lot of quality-of-life tweaks and optimizations were revealed.
Genshin Impact Version 3.0 will feature the following optimizations:
- Reduces DMG inflicted on players by the “Tyran of the Skies” in Archon Quest “Prologue: Act III – Song of the Dragon and Freedom”.
- Reduces ATK of “Former Sky King” in Archon Quest “Prologue: Act III – Song of the Dragon and Freedom”.
- Reduced the number of platforms that collapse under the effects of the skill “Caelestinum Finale Termini” triggered by “Erstwhile King of the Skies” in Archon Quest “Prologue: Act III – Song of the Dragon and Freedom”, as well as the damage inflicted by these collapsing platforms.
- Optimizes Raiden Shogun’s Judgment condition to enter the “Vision Hunt Decree” battle stage in Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act II – “The Stillness, Sublimation of Shadow”.
- Optimizes Raiden Shogun’s Judgment condition by triggering “Divine Punishment” in Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act II – “Stillness, Shadow Sublimation”.
- Adjusted some of the Floating Hydro Fungi’s behavior logic: when first hit by Electro or Pyro attacks, it will enter an activated or burnt state depending on the type of elemental attack used.
- Adjusted some of the animation effects for Dendro Slimes and Large Dendro Slimes.
Most of these changes are to story versions of bosses, making them easier for most. Changes to the Floating Hydro Fungi compare it to the Closed Beta, as it is also a new enemy coming in this update. The final change is to the Dendro Slime enemy animations, perhaps to keep them up to date and consistent with all the other Dendro enemies coming in this patch.
- Increased the number of party compositions that can be preset in the “Party Setup” menu to 10. Additionally, access to “Configure Team” has also been added to the “Party Setup” menu. Travelers can use various hotkeys to dissolve existing party setups, etc.
- Increase “My Friends” limit from 45 to 60.
- Adds the function to display the source of 5-star artifacts and redirect to the corresponding domain.
- “Talent Reference” will no longer be displayed for trial characters in the “Character > Talents” menu.
- Optimizes the layout of the “Wish > Details” and “Wish > History” menus.
- You can now adjust horizontal and vertical sensitivity respectively in “Camera Sensitivity” and “Camera Sensitivity (Aimed Shot Mode)” in “Settings > Controls” on PC, mobile, PS5™ and PS4™.
- Updates some features of the “Paimon Menu > Feedback” system.
- Adjusted the pause logic of “Interaction in some game modes” (corresponding to the T key on the keyboard): the cooldown of interaction in some game modes is now paused when the game is paused in single player mode .
Currently, the number of parties you can have is 4. After the update, this number will be increased to 10, and it will also be easier to configure each composition. It’s definitely a good addition as the game gets more and more characters. Along the same lines, the maximum number of friends you have will also be increased.
They also made it easier for players to locate the specific realm an artifact originated from. Sumeru will only add to the ever-expanding world of Teyvat, and no one likes endlessly scrolling the map just to search for the right area to mine.
- Added “Low HP Ally” voice lines under Character Profile > Voiceover.
- Added a function to trigger corresponding voice lines when a party member’s HP is low in co-op mode.
- Adds sound effects when characters defeat an enemy or inflict a CRIT hit.
- Optimized character sound effects when moving and fighting.
- Adjusted some dynamic sound effects in combat.
- Optimized Japanese battle voice sound effects for Diluc’s “Red Dead of Night” outfit.
- Optimizes Japanese, Korean, and English voiceover for certain characters, quests, and NPCs.
While not new to the game, players can now listen to “Ally at Low HP” voice lines at will through the respective character’s profile. This has always been in the game and activates naturally when swapping a party member with less than 30% HP.
The latest chip removes the limited voiceover from the event, meaning the game will now take up much less player space.
- New Dendro Elemental Resonance “Sprawling Greenery”: Elemental Mastery increased by 50. After triggering burn, haste, or bloom reactions, all nearby party members gain 30 Elemental Mastery for 6s. After triggering Aggravate, Spread, Hyperbloom, or Burgeon reactions, all nearby party members gain 20 Elemental Mastery for 6s. The durations of the aforementioned effects will be counted independently.
- Hydro Resonance “Soothing Water” adjusted to: “Affected by Pyro for 40% less time. Increases maximum HP by 25%.”
- Adjusted “High Voltage” Electro-Resonance to: “Affected by Hydro for 40% less time. Superconduct, Overloaded, Electro-Charged, Quicken, Aggravate, or Hyperbloom have a 100% chance to generate an Electro-Elemental Particle (CD: 5s).
The introduction of the Dendro characters also means the addition of the Dendro Elemental Resonance. As expected, it revolves around all of Dendro’s elemental reactions.
Hydro Resonance is being modified in Genshin Impact 3.0. Previously, the Soothing Water effect gave the following effect:
Affected by Pyro for 40% less time. Increases healing received by 30%.
The Electro Resonance is also being modified, but only because of the addition of Dendro Elemental Reactions. For reference, here is the High Voltage effect in pre-Genshin Impact 3.0:
Affected by Hydro for 40% less time. Superconduct, Overloaded, and Electro-Charged have a 100% chance to spawn an Electro-Elemental Particle (CD: 5s).
- Nagadus Emerald Sliver is now added to “Daily Commission” rewards.
- Dendro character ascension materials are now available through Synthesis and Conversion.
- Adds “Dendro DMG Bonus” to the main attribute of the Goblet of Eonothem artifact (due to the addition of this attribute to Goblet of Eonothem, the percentage of obtaining the main attributes of DEF%, HP% and ATK% will be reduced, while the percentage of obtaining other main attributes will not change.)
- “Guidance of the Land of Geo” and “Philosophies of the Land of Geo” will be replaced with “Guidance of the Land of Verdure” and “Philosophies of the Land of Verdure” in the Battle Pass.
- Adds 10 types of artifact sets obtainable from Mystic Offering: “Artifact Strongbox: Thundering Fury”, “Artifact Strongbox: Thundersoother”, “Artifact Strongbox: Viridescent Venerer”, “Artifact Strongbox: Maiden Beloved”, “Artifact Strongbox: Archaic”. Petra”, “Artifact Strongbox: Retracing Bolide”, “Artifact Strongbox: Crimson Witch of Flames”, “Artifact Strongbox: Lavawalker”, “Artifact Strongbox: Blizzard Strayer” and “Artifact Strongbox: Heart of Depth”.
- Optimizes the experience of moving through complex terrain with the talents of the following characters:
- “Frost Flake Heron” Kamisato Ayaka (Cryo) – Kamisato Art: Senho
- “Mujina Ninja” Sayu (Anemo) – Yoohoo Art: Fuuin Dash
- “Astral Reflection” Mona (Hydro) – Illusionary Torrent
- “Valley Orchid” Yelan (Hydro) – Persistent Lifeline
- “Prinzessin der Verurteilung!” Fischl (Electro) – Midnight Phantasmagoria
- “Astute Amusement” Yae Miko (Electro) – Yakan Evocation: Sesshou Sakura
- Reduces elemental effects on targets affected by burn reactions.
- Optimized the aiming performance of some characters in co-op mode.
- Optimized the display of the Burning reaction effect triggered on the enemy.
- Adjusts the snap range of the snap effect on objects in the vertical direction to twice the horizontal range. Affected pull effects include.
- Elemental skill: Kaedehara Kazuha, Jean, Sucrose, Traveler (Anemo).
- Elemental Burst: Venti, Sucrose, Shikanoin Heizou, Traveler (Anemo).
- Weapon Effect: Viridescent Hunt
The highlight of these changes is the fact that the change for Eonothem cup ratings will not affect other main stats, making farming for Dendro Artifacts slightly less painful than expected. This means that the chance for each damage type DMG bonus will remain at 5% (including Dendro), while the chance for HP%, ATK% and DEF% will take the hit to compensate. This means that the total chances of getting the DMG bonus goblet will be slightly easier.
The previously leaked changes to sprinting so that characters no longer get stuck on the slightest change in terrain height also appear to be real.