MMDA, the LGUs have the power to control the caravans, the processions MM


The Metro Manila Development Authority on Tuesday called on politicians and organizers of motorcades and caravans to follow the guidelines formulated to minimize congestion in the capital region. In the list of guidelines, the MMDA said it would regulate, assess and issue permits for parades of cars and / or caravans on major highways, while the relevant local government units would be responsible for these activities on all major roads. other roads. Parades and caravans will only be allowed on weekends and public holidays between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m. “The organizers should mobilize their own commissioners and obtain the authorizations of the LGUs. They should end the procession at 10 a.m. In addition, the participants in the procession must stay in the designated lanes to avoid any inconvenience for the automobile public, ”he added. In addition, the organizers of these events should apply for a Private Pavement Use Permit (RPUP) from the MMDA and / or relevant LGUs. They should include in their application full details of their event, including name of the event, organizations involved, date, time, route, estimated number of motor vehicles, schedule of activities and other relevant details. The permit application should be assessed and issued by the relevant MMDA and / or Metro Manila LGUs, with the review of a traffic management plan and the conduct of an information and public awareness campaign to this effect. The organizers of processions and / or caravans must comply with relevant laws such as Republic Law No. 4136 (Land Transport and Traffic Code); the rules and regulations of the Land Transportation Office and the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board; and the Interagency Working Group for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) guidelines for COVID-19 minimum public health standards.

Any breach of commitment or material misrepresentation in the application will be grounds for suspension, cancellation or revocation of the RPUP. MMDA officials said earlier that the Marcos-Duterte caravan last Sunday had minimal impact on traffic, citing that good coordination was key to an orderly organization of such activities. “Based on our assessment, the mega-trailer launched by supporters of Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos Jr. and Davao Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio was ordered,” Artes said. According to Artes, “It was the result of good coordination between the parties concerned and the commitment of the organizers to self-control.” Based on the surveillance, the organizers deployed their own commissioners, the parade participants occupied a lane and ended their activity at 9 a.m. A “no day off, no absence” policy for MMDA traffic officers was enforced to ensure traffic flow while driving the motorcade caravans. “We recognize the efforts of our people, the Philippine National Police, LGU and all relevant government officials, organizers as well as participants involved,” said Artes.

DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this website are in no way endorsed by The Standard. Comments are the opinions of thestandard.ph readers exercising their right to free speech and do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or point of view of thestandard.ph. While reserving the right in this post to remove comments deemed offensive, indecent, or inconsistent with The Standard’s editorial standards, The Standard cannot be held responsible for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.


Comments are closed.