🌱Drug recovery day + road closure in Haddam
Hello, neighbors! It’s me again, Karena Garrity, your host of the Haddams-Killingworth Daily.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Softer. High: 58 Low: 44.
Here are today’s top three stories in The Haddams-Killingworth:
- Notice to residents, Christian Hill Road will be closed today, April 11, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be detours. (Patch)
- Many students in the region are achieving great things at the colleges and universities they have decided to attend. Check this list to see if you recognize any of the names. Middletown Press
- Doing your seasonal spring cleaning? If so, be sure to separate your medications into a separate container and bring them to the drug recovery day, which will be held on April 23. (Hong Kong Now)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is acclaimed by consumer electronics experts?
Today at The Haddams-Killingworth:
From my notebook:
- The sanctuary: “The 40-acre Sanctuary Community Land Trust, open to the public daily.” (Facebook)
- Killingworth Library Association: “It’s spring, and the birds are singing a storm: ‘Chickadee! “Cheery-up!” Gay-O!” “Caw! Caw!” “Froodle!!!” ……Froodle?!? Find out what’s happening with our feathered friends during next Saturday’s story time.(Facebook)
- Haddam’s Women’s Club: “Please contact Karen Revis to sign up. HES spots are going fast.” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like The Haddams-Killingworth Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
All right, you’re all caught up for today. I will see you soon!
— Karena Garry
About me: I am originally from Connecticut and currently reside in the Tri-Town community of Chester, Deep River and Essex. I have been a community journalist for most of the past 20 years. I love my small town community and am honored to be part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; firstname.lastname@example.org.